Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It just is not what I expected

I have so much going on in my heart and my mind right now, on the brink of my 29th birthday. I have gone through some serious changes in the last few weeks and feel like I have lost friends along the way. Truth is, maybe they were not really my friends to begin with. As  I have embarked on my journey of reading the bible daily and praying not just when I want something or am in need, but just to give thanks and be subjected to the glory of God, I find that first of all the Bible scares the crap out of people. Second, the more you read and know the Bible, the more it integrates change in your heart, your disposition, and your state of mind. That also scares the crap out of people! When people say: you seem so different so happy lately what are you doing different, and your response is, God is great! So is church and the people I have met in it, they tend to not compliment you anymore. But, that is the truth, that is why you have changes, why you feel happier. You find that people that you talked to every single day, no longer call, text, message, facebook you or what ever. I don't understand what is so awful about loving God. My new favorite saying now when people are like "oh you are turning into a Jesus freak", I respond with "I would rather be a Jesus freak then a drug addict!" In this town, drug addicts seem to be the norm, guess it's a good thing I am not normal.
I just thought that at 29 years old,things would be so different, I mean EVERYTHING...from having children, to owning a home, and all the thousands of things in between. I am not sure quite what I expected, but this was not it. I wanted so much from my life, and feel like so much is out of my control, and  I have to just accept it. I realize that God has a plan, and that the choices I made for my self and my life, affected that plan, I know that when the time is right...blah blah blah....but Why is it not ok to express these feeling to anyone? Why is it that anymore no one just says wow, your having a hard time...here have a hug because I love you. I don't want your advice, or you thoughts on my situation, all the reasons that you are worse off then I am and all the things that you wish you had. I just want a hug, a real heart felt, cry it out cuz I am here for you hug!
I thank God for calling me back, and all the work and miracles he continues to do in my life, and how he continues to show me that I am FAR from perfection and all the things I have to work on....but I don't need that from my family and my friends. I just want to know what it is like to love a child as my own, redecorate my house with out asking a landlord (not that I don't love mine to death) but it is not the same. I have this over whelming feeling that God had BIG BIG things in the works on the horizon, and if I will just be patient.....UGH that word!

No comments:

Post a Comment